Sunday, October 18, 2015

#Portugal half marathon U23 Samuel Barata was best Portuguese finished overall 7th






Best Portuguese in the Iberian Trophy 10,000m last season (and therefore national champion), the Benfica Samuel Barata, still under 23 (by year end) was an unexpected 7 th  (best Portuguese) in the half-marathon.

"I knew it was good and came with that goal, but expected more fight from the other Portuguese", he began to tell the athlete, whose personal record 14.14,17 to me 29.26,96 5,000 to 10,000 m. "Until St.ª Apolonia the wind was contrary and the pace was slow. But I waited for the return and 17 km attacked. Surprisingly, I was alone and I ended up being the best Portuguese. I am happy about this," added the 22 year-old which is to "train yourself hard to get right to the European under-23 cross-country in December" and then wants to "help Benfica to clinch the road champion and cross-country and join the team will compete in the European Champion Clubs' Cup. "*

No comments:

Post a Comment