Tuesday, November 29, 2016

#Running #Portugal #SLBenfica Cross Country 23 yr old national champion Rui Pinto signed a 4 yr deal, captain Ricardo Ribas signed a 2 yr deal

Rui Pinto e Ricardo Ribas prolongam contrato com o Benfica

Left Captain Ricardo Ribas on the right Rui Pinto

Long distance runners Rui Pinto and Ricardo Ribas renewed contracts with Benfica last Friday, staying in the club of Light until 2020 and 2018, respectively.

Rui Pinto was in 2015 the national champion of cross country , at 22 years and four months, thus becoming the youngest national champion of the last 50 years. "It's an important step for me, because I wanted to stay in the club. I've already been in Benfica for some good years and I feel good and supported," he said at the time of the renewal, in statements to BTV


"I want to do  well in the national championships, revalidate the titles and the goal is to be in Tokyo (Olympic Games), so that is a reality nothing better than the support of Benfica," he added.

Ricardo Ribas, 39, continues as an ecuuipa captain for cross-country and road for another two years. "My job is to keep the team united and cohesive, because only then can we win collective titles. I have the dream of being an individual national champion, but I do not put the individual title ahead of the collective," he said.

"To continue in Benfica is a dream, and the club has given me back the joy of running and wearing the captain's armband is a great responsibility, renewing for two more years is a great pride and confidence in me. "He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment